Network Artists North East was established in 1992 as an independent association of professional artists living and working in Northumberland, with the aim to provide a service to artists individually and collectively through networking and a programme of opportunities and events to aid and further their practise. In response to demand, the Network has expanded and now covers the whole of the North East Region. Our members cover a wide range of disciplines, including painting, drawing, illustration, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography, textiles, calligraphy, paper making, jewellery, graphic design, bookbinding, glass-making and installation.
Join us today for only £50 per year or £25 for students Benefits to membership
- FREE artist insurance Membership includes £5m Public and Products Liability (PPL) insurance cover courtesy of specialist brokers Hencilla Canworth.
- Professional development Access to bespoke training to help develop your creative practice and grow your business.
- Jobs and opportunities Find out about paid work, competitions, commissions and exhibiting opportunities.
- Networking Forge mutually beneficial relationships with your peers including access to Network’s Hubs, across the region.
- Online promotion – Create and manage your own artist micro-site within this website – Endorsement across our social media channels
- Regular contact/support ‘Members’ update’ email featuring the latest news/opportunities/resources.
One definition of art is ‘products which are to be appreciated primarily or solely for their imaginative, aesthetic or intellectual content’ and ‘an activity requiring great skill or accomplishment’. Network Artists North East is open to practicing artists living or working in the North East England who have developed a body of work over time which combines these qualities. Members work with a great variety of media and may either regard art as the main source of their income or spend a large proportion of their time in artistic activity. It is hoped that members will be active in one of the hubs available and be interested not only in the development of their own practice but in supporting fellow artists.
Self taught artists, students and graduates can apply as well as makers and skilled craftspeople if they are committed to developing original work. It is important that the work is not offensive in content and that members respect each others individual talents and diversity.
Meet the Team
Lynda Vusthof – Chair
Richard Moran – Treasurer
Jo Singh – Secretary/Administration